Acolytes & Sub-Deacons
Acolytes participate in the liturgical life of the church by assisting during masses. Any child may begin training after they have received their First Holy Communion. Acolytes may serve through the 12th grade. All who have received their First Holy Communion are welcome and encouraged to serve. For more information on the acolyte program, please email Father Curtin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- God is love
- God the Father created our species by the power of God the Holy Spirit to be the forever friends of God the Son.
- Our species chose to separate from God in order to seize God’s power of command and control.
- The result of separation is a deeply seated existential pain that brings sin and death.
- God chose a single family (Israel) to grow in his love in order to share his love with our entire species.
- God sent patriarchs, prophets, priests and kings to prepare the way for the Messiah- God’s solution to separation.
- Jesus is the Messiah who unites our humanity with God’s divinity.
- Jesus died on the cross to embrace human separation and death and in that embrace to transform death back into new life.
- Jesus offers this new life-eternal life- to everyone as a gift.
- We can receive the gift of eternal life by grace (saying “yes” to God in Jesus Christ) by faith (placing our trust and loyalty in Jesus Christ) through love. God offers himself to everyone but imposes himself on no one.